FSIS 2008

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I'll have to remember your reasonig for new computer I have an itch for one but my wife is always quick with why?, less stress I'll work on that!

2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I was going to claim victory, but I must share the honors with larryb52 who predicted the switch to Norton. :D
    All in good fun trjam. I hope Norton works out for you.

3. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

It was a lucky guess & no matter what he runs if he feels secure behind it fine, I change AV's as well, I hope he enjoys Norton from here at my laptop I like it,

4. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I am liking NIS '08 alot and this is coming from an ex-Norton basher. Does anyone make "I Heart Norton" t-shirts? :D

Too bad F-Secure didn't work out for you, trjam, it is another fav of mine though it didn't work well for me in Vista.

Let me welcome you to Club Symantec (and yes there is such a thing :D )

5. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I've been through a few myself. :)

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Who the Black Sabbath are you refering to as Sailor :shifty: I'm keeping my back to the wall in your company from now on trjam :cautious: :p

7. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Symantec need whipping with an Electric Fence, the bugger installed a Gadget in my Sidebar without my permission :cautious:

Gosh! I think I'm losing it :p Never mind, I'm just chillin to Led Zeppelin while partaking in some fine beverage :cool:

8. berng

berng Registered Member

F-Secure's marketing leaves a lot to be desired.

They're selling their internet security package for a discounted cost of $59.90 for the one year 3 computer license.

Meanwhile their anti virus product, the prodcut I'm interested in, is being sold for $65.50, 3 computer 1 year.

And they don't list any two years deals.

To me this is a hard sell, when I can get two year packages of Avira for $109 or KIS for $99.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

trjam has or should I say had a two year deal.

10. berng

berng Registered Member

The two year deal is not on their web site. Trjam stated he had to negotiate that. Its fine negotiating provided you have the time or inclination.

While negotiating may save me money, why should I have to do something that they can easily offer automatically. Their product is not so superior that it is a must have.

Many vendors offer multi-year deals. Its easiest to go to one of them.

11. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

So, he'll be back to Avira before the weekend is over.

12. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I think this is his final choice. When he settles on something it stays settled, or does it??:D

Jerry

13. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Some people around here change their AV/AM loyalties as often as I change my underwear. It's very interesting, if not humourous, to watch. I wish the frequent changers all the best and hope they find what they are looking for (even if it is a new bit o' software every other day). :cool:

14. berng

berng Registered Member

Trjam is the one who told me a few weeks ago to get avira. Its the best. :blink:

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Avira is still the best and my favorite, but I am having issues with several due to Vista and my PC. With Avira if I opened the GUI and clicked on any of the modules, I get an error message saying this program has stopped working and Vista is checking for a fix. Of course it doesnt find one. But I look for the day when I can put it back on.

16. berng

berng Registered Member

Good. Because of your recommendation I'm trialing Avira workstation on my three XP's and so far I'm very happy with it.

Low overhead, fast updates (workstation, not the free version), defaults are easy to modify and unobtrusive.

17. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Bit off topic but you have great taste in music!
    anyway back on topic.
    Jeff doesnt the f-secure beta come out on the 3rd of septemeber?
    if so is it f-secure 2007 that doesent work on your computer?
    lodore

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

lodore, you know I have more then 1 computer as more then one Avatar. FSIS 2008 works great with Vista. I am thinking of blowing Vista off the Compaq`and putting XP on it.

19. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am wondering why don't the Wilders Security team invite Guinness World Records representative here so that they monitor your avatars . Come on , trjam , you'll become even more popular when your name gets in the book of the Records :thumb: :thumb: :D

20. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

Frequently can be a good thing. Any further comment would likely be OT. :D

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You made a very smart move. ;)

22. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

trjam

Do you pay for the software or do you get freebies from the manufacturer?

BTW - I'm using Avira because of your recommendation.

Ian

23. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

If FSIS 2008 eliminates some processes and turn down resource usage it'll be a very good option.

I tried install FSIS 2007 many times, but always the same slow startup and many processes using memory... It's impossible to keep it in a "normal" computer...

24. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Not sure if my laptop is a "normal" computer, but FSIS 2007 ran well, with the only problem being the longer start-up. It probably took an extra 2 minutes over KIS, but that was not a big deal. I don't make emergency starts so the time was not a factor.

For whatever reason I did not notice any load on my system so I don't really care how many processes are running. They run and I run and we never run into each other.:D

FS does not update with the frequency of most other AVs, but again I am not sure that makes a difference. If there is a good reason it updates.

I found scans about average for most AVs I have tried.

If 2008 speeds up the start that will be a big improvement.:thumb:

Regards,
    Jerry

25. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

I'm looking forward to this! had FSIS 2007 on PC for abou t6 months now, and hardly know it's there. 2008 will definitaly be going on my new laptop, when it arrives on Tuesday? Do we still have to contact them for the OEM version, if we are using an OEM licence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.