FSIS 2008

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Wow
    Hundred years for a Dr Web-aholic?

2. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Oh, I know it's a good suite, I use it myself! Already got a short list of buyers lined up! :D Just got to go back in the thread now, and find that link to the 2008 OEM. ;)

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep, but if i could exchange it for 100 years of drweb i would :D

in the business of making a few pounds i suppose :D

5. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Hi
    I am using F-Secure Client Security v7.1. I checked if there were any objectIDs added to the NTFS index files using fileutility and could not see any added objectID after 3 days installation of F-secure. So I guess the answer to your question is a NO, it does not have iswift/ichcker options, which is good.

see my previous post on another forum:
    If you open command line under administrator privilege and paste the below line and run it:

FOR /R C: %a IN (*.*) DO @ECHO. && @ECHO - %a && @FSUTIL ObjectID Query "%a"

You will see if you system has been tagged with the so called "objectID" by kaspersky. You will see how messed up your system is. Most of the original windows files are supposed to be no any objectIDs.

Now after you see that, you may want to run another command to get ride of all these objectIDs:

FOR /R C: %a IN (*.*) DO @ECHO. && @ECHO - %a && @FSUTIL ObjectID Delete "%a"

In both cases you can substitute C: with other drive letters.

Kaspersky has officially acknowledged this bug and saying that they will fix this bug in version 8. Which means if you installed version 6 or 7 you system was messed up with these tags. These tags remains even if you completely uninstalled KAV/KIS. what a pity for kaspersky, which used to be my favorite. Now I went back to F-secure client security v7.1 which is vista compatible and very happy with it.

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee this will be 100% safe to your system but I removed all these tags in 3 of my computers (2 laptops and 1 desktop), there is no problem at all.

See this thread in another security forum:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18608452-Kaspersky-You-lost-me-at-ISwift~start=400

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  6. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.