Frys.com has several AV programs free AR this week

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by quadrophonic, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

Go to outpost.com and click on the weekly specials banner:

http://www.outpost.com/regular.jsp?/template/index/

KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 6.0
    $65.00 Rebate

PC-CILLIN INTERNET SECURITY 2007 3 USER (CERTIFIED FOR VISTA)
    $40.00 Rebate
    TREND MICRO

NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2007 3 USER LICENSE
    $50.00 Rebate
    SYMANTEC:

MCAFEE INTERNET SECURITY SUITE 2007 3 USER
    $70.00 Rebate
    MCAFEE:

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Good deals, if valid. Me, I do not play the rebate game. If they want to give me a discount, they should do it up front. Am I the only one who feels this way, I wonder?

3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I don't like the rebate game either. I hate waiting for what seems to be forever to get the check in the mail. It's always, "allow 4 to 6 weeks". That time line is when they actually start the review process. In reality is more like 10 to 12 weeks before you see that check. I like instant discounts. :)

4. fixmypcmike

fixmypcmike Registered Member

I don't do rebates anymore. They've screwed me too many times. I had a printer delivered that was missing parts, they sent a replacement, then double-charged me, then canceled my rebate after I'd had the second charge reversed. I had a rebate sent in the form of a debit card which was a tremendous nuisance and had a $3/month fee if it wasn't used in 6 months.

5. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

Nope. I feel the same way, whether it's online or at a physical store. I have purchased things that included rebates but never send the forms in, as all they want the rebate form for is to sell your personal information to the mad marketing masses who will subsequently flood you with junk mail, spam and (gag!!! :ouch: ) telemarketing calls. Since I hate all that marketing crap with a passion, I'm not going to voluntarily provide info that simply helps them to irritate the hell out of me. Like you say, if they legitimately want to give me a break pricewise, then do it up front.

6. Morley44

Morley44 Registered Member

Overall I am far ahead on rebates. However, because of the hassle, long delays, and uncertainty, I no longer do rebates for more than US 10 dollars and only then if its a good deal if I don't get the rebate.

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

100% in agreement here too. I followed a confusing Staples ad that listed an immediate check-out rebate at an after Thanksgiving sale for computer hardware and when i finally got to the check-out after several hours of freezing my tail off outside in line, was told my final cost didn't include that instant rebate. It was an obvious case of misunderstanding with the check-out clerk so rather then debate the issue and hold up the other hundred dozens of customers behind me, i left empty-handed but returned with my grievance a week later to the management who gladly not only honored the week old sale, including instant rebate, but knocked off even more of the cost for all that trouble, and of course my courtesy ;) I bet that doesn't happen very often if at all AFTER a sale is a week passed, but i counted my blessings on that one and exited with the hardware i was trying to get to in the first place.

No, i don't care for rebates, can be confusing all the way around and like the above posters, you can end up losing more than what you thought you might saved.

8. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Same here, I do not play the rebate game.

9. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

I agree 100%.

When I weaken and do it, I usually regret it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.