Frustrated...

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by p00ter_nerd, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p00ter_nerd

p00ter_nerd Registered Member

I read your reply, and sent it to Phantom, but he's offline so it doesn't matter.

Besides, I already got rid of LnS, and got Outpost Pro v2. It works fine for me, and it was recommended to me by my mom's computer tech guy.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey p00ter_nerd

I apologize for not being around; Thanks for the log-file, it really helped a lot! Apparently there was no indication of DNS packets being blocked so I believe it was being Authorized but I did find something very interesting, most if not all the Outgoing TCP Connection attempts being blocked which has abnormally high source/destination port usage, and since Look ‘n’ Stop’s “TCP : Authorize most common Internet services” rule in EnhancedRulesSet.rls was configured to be limited using temp-range access 1024-5000src it was causing the abnormal TCP Outgoing packets usage to be blocked. And this explains a lot, p00ter_nerd had said when disabling “TCP : Block incoming connections” rule then everything worked better, not exactly indication DNS packets (53udp) was at fault…

If you configure the rule “TCP : Authorize most common Internet services” to use “ALL” for source ports then you should not encounter connection issues any further.

Best Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.