Frozen and Locked Files

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by RCGuy, Feb 16, 2015.

1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Hi, all. I was surfing the net the other day and I kept getting one of those Sandboxie error boxes saying that I was having a problem with Sandboxie. Well, I clicked on it's 'help' link and it took me to a Sandboxie webpage which explained the error. Well, I didn't write it done or anything because I thought that it was one of the typical error alerts that eventually goes away on it's own. However, I kept getting the error message, therefore, I tried overwriting the Sandboxie program which sometimes helps. Well, that didn't help so I uninstalled Sandboxie and tried going to their website for a fresh download, however, I couldn't download the Sandboxie program from their site.

But anyway, I did several scans and came up with nothing. Also, I did an aswMBR rootkit scan and came up with this:

aswMBR.scan.jpg
    Well, I didn't quite understand what the yellow files meant and I didn't quite know what to do about those files. However, I did have Malewarebytes Pro, which has the FileAssassian tool, but had a difficult time finding those files to get them into the text area of the FA. However, Malewarebytes has a "useful tool called 'FixDamage' that comes together in the ZIP archive file" and "can be used to repair damages made by rootkit by restoring important Windows services," and I was at least able to use that tool to restore my Windows firewall, which had been deactivated.

Additionally, I thought about doing what I had did in this thread where I had 'Refreshed' Windows 8.1 without losing any personal files, however, I am locked out of my "Change PC Settings" control along with being locked out of the my "Windows Store." :( Therefore, I'm not even able to Refresh my computer.

But I was wondering if anyone has seen anything similar to this before and/or have an solutions on how to remedy this problem. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I also wanted to mention that I used to have Webroot and was wondering if anything like that could have helped to prevent me from having this problem.

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Also, do people who come to this forum still have problems with malware because I just noticed that I seem to be the only person asking for help with a malware problem where everyone else just seems to be talking about the various anti-malware programs and the problems in the world that are caused by hacking and malware. Therefore, I'm in the right forum...right?

4. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

RCGuy, Wilders Stopped One-on-One Malware Cleaning Services a long time ago!

Your best bet is to seek dedicated assistance in any of the sites listed in your link.

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Wow. Since Jul 2004. Even though I have been posting 'help' threads for years and this is the first time that anyone has mentioned this to me.