from non-raid to raid enabled with non raid image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by basje1, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basje1

basje1 Registered Member

I have a image of my computer.
    This is created in a non-raid mode setup.
    Now i want to create a raid enable mode by
    changing my bios settings into raid on and then load the raid driver to enable raid. And when this is done and windows is installed I want to put back a prior image created in a none raid opperation mode ( ofcourse the is from the same computer).
    This all to spare out a lot of work.

Is this situation above posseble ore should I reinstall windows compleetly and forget the image file i'have created?

Greetings Bas

2. Davidk

Davidk Registered Member

I don't think TI cares if it's Raid or not, just as long as you have a drive and partition to restore to, and, if TI supports the Raid controller. I did the opposite - created an image from a Raid array and restored to a non-Raid drive. Davidk

3. basje1

basje1 Registered Member

But asfare as i now the driver that is being installed for the rai controller
    is installed into windows so if iám right and i doi what i want to do windows propebly won't boot becouse it wont see a hardrive anymore.
    Bas

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bas,

We regret to inform you that sometimes the system cannot be transfered to computer with different hardware. For example, in your case even if you use the sysprep tool you won't be able to boot the computer after the restoration process though Acronis True Image will transfer your system normally. In your case the reason is lack of drivers for RAID controller in your previous Windows configuration.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.