Friend's printer has a message saying the printer's cover is not closed when it is.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

The message saying the printer cover is not closed comes up every time she begins to print even though it is closed. The printer still prints and the message still comes up. The printer logo is appearing by the clock and it never did that before. It usually went away after printing. Also the logo comes back when the computer is restarted.

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

It sounds like a pressure switch that tells the printer the status of the cover (whether it is opened or closed) has gone bad.

3. cheater87

How can we fix ito_O Duct tapeo_O

4. cheater87

The sun has also been hitting her printer and monitor. Do you think that could hurt it if it makes it hot enough.

5. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I'm the one whos having this problem and also when the printer power switch is turned on, the light blinks and then also when I open and close the drawer, its making some printer sound..like the sound it makes when the ink is moving. that is why i have the power for printer turned off. Is there a way to fix it? And Im using hp printer right now but I also have cannon printer so I'm thinking of switching it to that one if that is really bad but I do want to still use the current one if I can fix it. But Should I be worried about it? It does print though but its just showing the message that the cover is not closed.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  6. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Did you also checked the backside of your printer that it's correctly attached? I don't know how it's called in English but you need to remove it when paper got stuck. Sometimes that error message refers that the backside isn't correctly attached.

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Back panel perhaps?

8. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

bad printer:thumbd:

9. DonMartin

DonMartin Registered Member

Re: Friend's printer has a message saying the printer's cover is not closed when it i

Try to locate the microswitch that sense that the cover is closed and connect a wire across the switch to fool the printer status that the cover is closed all the time.
    /DonMartin

10. cheater87

What type of wire do we use and where can we get ito_O

11. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

Re: Friend's printer has a message saying the printer's cover is not closed when it i

What wire? And When I turn my printer switch on, the green light keeps blinking and also, even when Im not touching my printer, the ink thing makes the moving sound..does anyone know what it could be? And Im not for sure, but Im thinking of switching it to my old printer. But after I attach the old printer, would the set up thing come up on my computer screen like those stuff that keep clicking next button and stuff or no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.