French cyber-security agency open-sources CLIP OS, a security hardened OS

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by guest, Sep 21, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

French cyber-security agency open-sources CLIP OS, a security hardened OS
    CLIP OS 4 and CLIP OS 5 now available to everyone on GitHub, not just French cyber-spies.
    September 20, 2018

https://www.zdnet.com/article/frenc...-open-sources-clip-os-a-security-hardened-os/

2. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

Great, now all we need is for the English alpha to be stabilized so most of us can actually use it.

Sounds interesting though. Will probably try it if it has UEFI SecureBoot support.

3. guest

guest Guest

arf...Linux; im disappointed, thought it was an OS made from scratch.

4. itman

itman Registered Member

Since Linux is based on the Unix framework which was originally developed with security being the primary concern, that is good enough for me.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  5. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

6. 142395

142395 Guest

Well, OS X is also UNIX based.
    I'll wait until it gets time-tested. I remember Blackberry, dubbed secure OS, which later turned out not to be very secure.

7. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

It requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) v2.0 preferred, 1.2 accepted. There probably aren't a lot of people using hardware with it.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Man i'm going to really run with this one. But not until absolutely certain the hardware requirements are available (which at present aren't), and of course when they let us American English language saps have a compatible version to our own lingo. Looks attractive though for now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.