Freezing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by darkgundam111, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Hi. Just did a manual scan with "email files" disabled and it completed without a problem too. Just one other thing however, I had DivX web player installed (which I've now uninstalled as I never use it anymore) and before I uninstalled it the manual scan (even with email files disabled) would hang whilst scanning the "DivX Web Player" folder. Clicking on 'stop' would not work but I was able to restart normally. However, after restarting I noticed about 2.5gb of my hard drive had been used up. Investigating further, I found that 2 of the NOD .tmp files in one of my temp folders weighed in at 900mb and 1.7gb! Since I uninstalled the web player, the manual scan runs through to the end with no hitch.

PS. Where the manual scan froze before scanning core3.zip in the Java base images folder, the file within that zip file was "chrome.manifest" which caused the hang.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  2. webstar

webstar Registered Member

i have same problem
    uncheck email files and works
    i hope solved this problem with update

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

my ess scan hang on these files but when i uncheck email files all goes file but this error came (internal scanning not performed)
    D:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\CDI\CDI_VCD.CFG » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Downloads\Nokia 2630 - Full phone specifications.mht » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\Data\updaterSettings.ini » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)

4. webstar

webstar Registered Member

yes because you have uncheck Email files now when antivirus scan no freeze

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Update to the latest version 2787 which contains a fix for the issue.

6. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Many thanks Marcos & team for providing such a quick fix. Just completed a manual scan with all options checked including email files and it completed with no problems. Looks like it was a bug in the previous archive support module then as the new update updates this to 13/1/08. Thanks again.

7. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

I updated to the very latest release of ESET Smart Security on my brand new HP Pavilion Premium Home Edit. Vista PC and it freezes up on me at around 30% on my manual scans.

Shouldn't this bug be fixed by now? What should I do?

Also, this being a totally brand new PC, I don't understand why I am getting dozens of error messages in my scan logs. Thankfully, nothing has been found or quarantined.

Could really use some help.

Last issue. I notice that this Vista is quite a hog and am very eager to safely and permanently get rid of as much as possible. I basically use it to play my own store bought card and board games, surf the `Net, read and send email, IM my friends and that's pretty much it.

So, would also welcome assistance there as well. I miss my XP and am not crazy about this Vista at all. I did turn off the Windows Defender though. I hope that was OK.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.