Freeze at boot after install ESMX

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Monemailperso, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monemailperso

Monemailperso Registered Member

Hello,

On my Windows 2003 R2 sp2 with Exchange 2007 server, I've used ESET NOD32 Antivirus for MS Exchange Server 2.7 since 1 year. Today I tried to remplace it by ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server

I uninstalled v2.7, installed 4.2.10019, and ESMX start well. I can configure it.
    Everything works fine, until I reboot the server.

At boot, the server freeze at the step "Applying computer settings". It did not boot even after a whole night...
    I uninstall/re-install it several time, with default settings in order to find the issue, but the server still freeze.
    I have to boot in safe mode and uninstall it, and so the server boot normally.

I try many settings, add the exclusions for exchange folder, etc, with no luck.

Does someone have any idea ??

Thank you

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

3. Monemailperso

Monemailperso Registered Member

I tried theses settings, but the server still freeze at boot.

However, in ESMX extensions window, by default "all files" is checked and the list is empty. If I want to uncheck "all files", what are the full extensions list I have to fill in the list ?

Thank you

4. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

if you uncheck Scan all files, the list will fill itself (make sure EDB, TMP and EML are not there)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does renaming C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\epfwtdi.sys in safe mode make a difference?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.