Freewebs.com

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by llanthomas@aol.com, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have recently installed Spyware Blaster. But i have noticed it has blocked freewebs.com because it contains the spyware CoolWebSearch (382). I extremely doubt this. As far as i can see, freewebs.com is a legit web hosting site. I know this because I use it and many of my friends use it aswell. I have unblocked it for the moment, but it will most likely become reblocked at some point. Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I was testing 'Freewebs' recently (really only to see how web things would look if I loaded them :oops: ) When I installed the new version of Sybot Search & Destroy it immediately picked up my two bookmarks to freewebs.com as CWS. I fixed them with Spybot but it did concern me as to why this was found also. I didn't realise SywareBlaster blocks freewebs as I run it but was able to access previously o_O I will check now to see if it is blocked with any of the updates but I do know Spybot finds the same issue with the site o_O

I have been able to access the site but when I try to fill in my user name and password I receive the warning about my settings not allowing HTML forms I think this is attributed to IEspyad so maybe the site is not safe at all :doubt:

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You can permanently ignore an item in the SpywareBlaster database by right-clicking on the item in the block list, and choosing "Ignore List...>Add Item to Ignore List".

That will prevent SpywareBlaster from resetting protection for that item.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.