Freeware Filecleaners

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zarzenz, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

Can anyone suggest a good junk file cleaner program that is free to download and use.

The sort of program that cleans out old backup files and the leftovers from installs along with temps etc.

That sort of general cleaning stuff.

I currently have two shareware programs I'm trying out... Always Right and SuperCleaner and to be fair they work very well, but I hate buying programs like this and so I'm sure there must be some good free stuff that could do the same.

Any suggestions... most welcome. :)

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Here's one:

http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/jv16powertools.shtml

Good luck, Acadia.

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Pete, the downloads don't wrok onm the web page you posted.

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hmm. Quite right. Sorry about that. Might want to email the developer about that (if that works!). Pete

6. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Nope I tried to email the developer of the web page and it don't work either. LOL Oh well not a big deal just wanted to make it known that the download part (among other parts) don't work so they don't go there and try to download the program and waste time doing so. ;)

7. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

Thanks guys,

I do use JV16 for registry cleaning but I gotta say the file clean up section in that program is too non-automated to be of much use... just my opinion... it sorta takes too much effort to get em all if you know what I mean.

The other one, Adios, I just tried... but it seems to be a 30 day one again... and I don't like the way it keeps coming up in a displaced window... gotta keep repositioning it.

There must surely be a decent one click and clean em all proggie out there that is free.

I'm a bit of a freeware nut to be honest.

Mind you... if I ever did find a program that I like a lot and it's not too expensive... then I could possibly change my stance on this.

In fact... I'm currently trying out the latest version of PurgeIE and I really like the way it finds strays and stuff like that... it may just become my first purchase... I'll wait to see how how much I miss it after I lose it's trial period... about 10 days left of full function.

8. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

If you are looking for a versatile cleaning program you could look at Ace Utilities.
    I checked it out because I was curious about it's registry cleaning capabilities.
    It has quite a few cleaning tools that can be configured.
    Clean System registry.
    Clean junk files
    Fix invalid shortcuts
    Uninstaller plus
    Find duplicate files.
    It has a history eraser also,but I haven't used that tool.
    I like the registry cleaner and junk file cleaner.
    It's $29 with free lifetime upgrades.
    There is a 30 day trial available.

http://www.acelogix.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.