Free Version of Zemana Antilogger Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

Several updates this week. Today's release is version 1.21.312

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Changelogs can be found here:
    http://www.zemana.com/WhatsNew.aspx?ProductID=6

3. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

so how effective is Zemana Antilogger Free Version at preventing Trojans from stealing your personal passwords? Seems like folks in here has two different opinions but it seems like the product was updated a bunch of times already. so I assume things have gotten better. Anybody tested it?

4. guest

guest Guest

The free version will only avoid trojans that capture your keystrokes on real time. So it's not effective if the malware uses any other method, which is quite common

5. jo3blac1

What other method? I thought that capturing key strokes was the main method that malware/trojans steal your passwords...

6. itman

itman Registered Member

Per Zemana web site:

+ What about SSL sniffing malware that captures traffic before it goes into HTTPS encryption?

Unfortunately, AntiLogger Free does not protect you against SSL attackers. For this, you need the AntiLogger Pro version.

7. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Capturing keystrokes is for low level malware. Zeus, Spyeye, etc inyect into your browser and capture the information from it, or they just modify the pages that you visit or your transactions.

For example, you send money to one of your bank accounts and they change the operation so your money goes to their account. They don't need your password, you enter it for them.

That's why some banks send you a confirmation to your mobile phone after any operation via internet telling you where you have sent your money. If something is wrong you still have some time to phone them an cancel the transfer.

8. jo3blac1

Thank you for the explanation. I have my browser locked by Outpost FW. So this method would be hard to implement.

9. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Anti-Phishing authentication would let you know if you land on a real page or on a counterfeit one.

It could be something like a picture or a phraseword you set up for the real site.
    If it doesn't show up on the page you're on, you're likely looking at one set up to phish your sensitive information.

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

all these comments. I love the paid version and its a great software.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

did you malware test it?its hips?put it to the test to see if it is really good?

12. itman

itman Registered Member

I think there is a bug in the paid version.

I have zip entries in my log although I have it set to log all activity.

As far as checking its effectiveness, just check the rules it creates. You will observe that it is checking all applications that are attempting to access critical areas of your OS.

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is it very alerting pop up kind of hips?

14. itman

itman Registered Member

The only popups I have seen from it are when a driver attempts to install and it just says it's safe and is being allowed. Zemana Antilogger has settings to turn off notifications is you so desire.

Note this product is not a "full" HIPS in my opinion. For example, it doesn't have options where you can select what you want to run as trusted or untrusted. Rather it appears to limit itself to restricting access to certain system areas as I posted previously. And the options provided are allow or block only.

Note that you can configure Zemana Antilogger for expert mode to alert you for everything but most users will be overwhelmed by those alerts.

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

so in experts mode it will react like hips program?thanks for your value info my friend:thumb:

16. Vilmalith

Vilmalith Registered Member

I see that the free version now states 32bit and 64bit, however, it is def not working on any of my 64bit machines. And even says so when you mouse over the icon.

17. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

works for me, it says its active on my system for most applications.

18. natsecurity

natsecurity Registered Member

When will antilogger paid have the system wide keylogger protection? in the comparison on zemana website, it says coming soon?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  19. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Could somebody please explain to me how the zemana keylogger test is supposed to work.
    I downloaded and ran the program and pressed the start test button but absolutely nothing happened and seemed to hang.
    I used my keyboard while it was running and words appeared in the test screen.
    Is this a fail or block in regard to security software.?
    Thank you.

20. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Fail, if Comodo didn't warn you about the test trying to capture your keystrokes and didn't offer you the option to block it.

21. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

So Zemana Anti-logger free no longer in beta? Is it safe to use?

22. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

No longer beta - its still free and safe to use.

23. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

There has been one update too

Zemana AntiLogger Free 1.5.2.652
    Friday, January 18

- Fixed an issue causing keyboard freezes on Remote Desktop sessions.
    - Fixed an incompatibility with Trusteer Rapport.

24. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Running it now, so far so good. :thumb:

25. Function

Function Registered Member

So I uninstalled Keyscramber restarted then installed Zemana Free.

After it was installed it seemed to work on almost all programs, apart from Steam. Later I restarted my machine, and every restart after this Zemana Free just would not work. It would not indicate that it was protecting anything. I even tried to Uninstall and reinstall but nothing made it work. I put it under the exceptions/allow in my security programs as well but nothing made it work.

I kept the tray icon on and checked various programs to see if it was working, Notepad, Firefox, Explorer, Word Calculator etc it only seem to work for Notepad and not all of the time. Ended up uninstalling Zemana and putting Keyscramber Preium back on. If it had worked I was consider replacing Keyscramber with it, as it stated that covers all programs not just a select amount like Keyscramber does.

Does anyone have any idea why this happened?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.