Free Version of Zemana Antilogger Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Do you want to read about some of what they missed?:

http://www.securelist.com/en/

Entries:

Gauss
    Flame
    Duqu
    Stuxnet

2. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Zemana is not an antivirus nor an antimalware.

3. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

At Zemana's main page we read that the antilogger paid version Protects You From:
    That's antimalware to me.

4. lurker20

lurker20 Registered Member

You are right it does not work in browsers. I tested in xp sp3 ie6 with no other softwares installed.

Attached Files:

• wl.png
      wl.png
      File size:
      54.6 KB
      Views:
  5. vojta

vojta Registered Member

That's a very small subset of the total amount of malware that can be found. Zemana is a very specialized app and it's normal that it misses rogues, ramsomware, true viruses, etc.

It's all about semantics, but antiviruses and antimalware try to cover all the spectrum.

6. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Yeah, it's still a beta, I hope that they sort this soon. I also had a crash when opening Norton's GUI but the Spyshelter test was running at that time and so it was not a normal situation.

7. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

I'm using version 1.0.1.866 on win7 32bit, and its scrambling just fine on FF16.01 and IE9

8. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Sure it is.

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

If it does not work in browsers then it is completely useless.:thumbd: :thumbd:

10. itman

itman Registered Member

Run the old AKLT test against this free version and see how it does.

I have the paid version and it stops AKLT dead in its tracks.

Also paid version offers 64 bit protection for everything except screen capture.

Per Zemana's web site:

+ Does Zemana AntiLogger 64-bit provide the same level of protection as the 32-bit edition?

Almost. At present all AntiLogger modules are fully functional under 64-bit systems, except for the screen capture module, which provides only basic protection. Our engineering team is currently working to develop the screen capture module to be 64-bit compatible and, when ready, the module will be released with our regular product updates.

What does this mean? You still get protection against the most dangerous threats, such as key loggers and SSL banker Trojans; but until the module is ready, we would advise our customers who use 64-bit computers NOT to enter passwords and other sensitive information through on-screen virtual keyboards unless they are positive that the application providing the on-screen keyboard protects it really well.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  11. itman

itman Registered Member

Try another test like AKLT. I would not be surprised that Zemana has not updated their test tool for this free version.

12. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I tried it with Zemana's test and nothing showed in the test window? I tried SpyShelter's test by typing in Chrome, and only encrypted text showed up in the SpyShelter test, so it does work with browsers. :thumb:

13. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

Works perfectly for me too as I said FF16.01 and IE9, I've tried it on FB and a number of forums, all good....:)

14. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

You are right, a crewdriver is nog a spade

15. carat

carat Guest

I second that! :thumbd:

16. vojta

vojta Registered Member

I guess it could be system dependant. lurker20 and me are on XP 32 SP3 and both find that it doesn't work with browsers.

Brandonn2010 is on W7 64 and for him it does work in every case. clubhouse uses IE9 and thus cannot be running XP, that is not compatible with IE9

17. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

18. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I would just like to remind everyone that this is a beta version, and thus, every issue found must be reported to Zemana.

19. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Well beta or not it should provide protection within a browser.
    can it be confirmed either way if this is the caseo_O
    I stick to my original post that if it cannot provide protection within a browser then it is simply not worth using.:ninja:

20. kupo

kupo Registered Member

It's working for me, I'm using FireFox in Windows 7 x64. I checked while typing into LastPass.

21. vojta

vojta Registered Member

If you read all this thread, I wrote that I get an error message everytime that I try to send a bug report from their site.

Besides, some months ago I sent to them a report about a serious issue in the full version using their web system. Although my message seemed to have been sent well I got no response. Some weeks later I emailed them and they told me that the report never arrived because their system wasn't working right. They addressed the problem a couple of days after my mail. It was a BSOD while changing accounts with Avira installed.

22. vojta

vojta Registered Member

The problem seems to be specific to XP. And a beta is a beta. If eveything was working right it would be at least a release candidate.

23. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Definitely a smart move from Zemana! :thumb:

24. itman

itman Registered Member

Same thing happened to me last night on another issue and I got a script error. Submit it though the "support" option. That worked for me.

I am also waiting to see if I get a response from Zemana on my latest inquiry. On two previous requests, I never heard from them. Zip, Nada. And i have a paid commercial license. That is terrible tech support in my opinion.

25. vojta

vojta Registered Member

I also tried support and didn't have any luck either. Maybe I'll send them a mail with a link to this thread later.

About their slow support, insisting worked for me as I said. It smells like a new main version is around the corner and that's probably why their support is now even slower/worst than usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.