Free Prevx license keys are still available

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jm0307, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm0307

jm0307 Registered Member

Greetings,

I just went to the Prevx website five minutes ago and had a look at their 'Prevx Research Blog'.

They still have free license keys available, and there is no need to download the software from Giveawayoftheday. I just entered the license key displayed on the blog page into my build 53 and it activated immediately a 362 day period.

Just wanted to let members know who might have thought that they missed out on the offer.

Best wishes

2. jm0307

jm0307 Registered Member

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Nice catch jm0307 :thumb: Better hurry folks, these won't last long. Only about 900 licenses left at the time of the posting.

Cheers, innerpeace

edited to add more detail.

4. jm0307

jm0307 Registered Member

Thanks innerpeace!

5. innerpeace

I couldn't resist anymore so I'm trying it right now. The file I downloaded from Prevxs' site was the 2.1.0.2.53 version. The key I used was the one from the 73 available 'seats' and it worked. I now have a fully registered version of Prevx2 running. I can confirm the licenses are still available. ;)

6. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

:thumb: thanks jm0307:D

7. jm0307

jm0307 Registered Member

Hello innerpeace and beethoven,

I entered the license key into the trial version which I had installed about two months ago. It is now fully licensed. :D

I only discovered that keys were still available because my trial version had updated to build 53 and I visited the Prevx site to see what the update included - that was when I noticed their 'Research Blog' by chance.

Best wishes

8. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

This may be a stupid question, but what happens to Prevx 2.0 at the end of the 1yr. license period, (let's say Prevx 2.0 hasn't needed to clean any malware from your system during this time) and you don't pay to renew the license? Does it revert back to the trial version?

9. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Good question, I was thinking the same.
    Then again 1 year is a quite long time for a security software.

10. innerpeace

It's a bit of a gamble either way. The renewal is only $24.95 US. I decided to try it anyways. A free years license is still a free years license! This is what they say about their free trial.

and

11. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I think after a year and assuming I am happy with the program, I will gladly renew and pay for it :D

12. innerpeace

I know people that need a bit longer to make up their minds :p . Who knows what may come up between now and then :cool:.

13. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Hello!

Thanks jm0307, nice catch. :thumb:

14. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

However, if Prevx 2.0 detects, and protects you against, a malicious file, then a count-down begins. This count-down gives you another 30 days of the full product for free. At any point you can then choose to pay for the product, (and by the way Prevx 2.0 is significantly less expensive than other anti-malware products and can be bought by the month, the quarter or the year to give you maximum flexibility).

so we dont get a yr if we get infected? LOL :eek:

15. Niels

Niels Registered Member

If I understand it when you entered the free key you have a full working version for 1 year. But after the year when prevx detects and blocks something you will get a 30 day count-down after that it's only detection only.

Thanks a lot jm0307

16. innerpeace

G'day Maddawgz, this license is for the full version for a year. Full protection and full cleanup.

The trial that anyone can download at anytime is the info that I posted in the quotes above. The Prevx trial is free regardless if you take this offer or not. The only difference with this offer is if you get infected during that trial period, you have the full license for the year instead of the just the 30 day timer being started. That was the 'gamble' I was speaking of.

17. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Thanks jm0307! :)

18. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Yay thanks for that blog. Got a 362 day one as well. :D

19. flimbag

flimbag Registered Member

Is anybody else seeing the message 'The Prevx security agent has not been loaded'.

Whenever it does an update for me, it seems to die at about 79%, though when I restart it and restart the update, it appears to complete without problem.

Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2, plus the usual mountain of security apps beloved on here.

20. jvillas

jvillas Registered Member

Hi, my license key expired on July 1st. shortly after Prevx2 was released. Prevx 2 simply reverted to the free version, no cleanup. I grabbed one of the free keys copied and pasted it to my expired version and it worked just fine. No money spent on a renewal of license. Lucky coincidence.

21. muf

muf Registered Member

A word of caution. If you ever have to re-install Prevx then the licence key you got in this offer won't work. I used the licence key yesterday and got 361 days. Great! But today Prevx must have got a corruption and was causing some browser and stability problems. So i uninstalled, re-booted and re-installed it. When i tried the code i got yesterday, it said that code was fully subscribed and was no longer valid!!! I used my original code from when i purchased it 8 months ago and that worked fine, but with just 4 months remaining.

Just making you aware. If you ever have to re-install within the next 12 months, you won't be able to use your code again. There's always a price to pay!

muf

22. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You may still yet be able to use these posted keys (3 left) for a while, perhaps days or weeks to come till they fill up to their 1000 each limit I guess. I just installed Prevx 2 yesterday with one of the keys and it went fine. However, as just mentioned above, a month from now is probably another story altogether.. so good point...

23. innerpeace

Thanks muf, I was wondering about that.

I checked the blog today and it stated "ALL KEYS NOW FULL". The license numbers aren't posted anymore. It was a very generous offer that I took advantage of. I've been wanting to compare Prevx2 with another program.

Cheers, innerpeace

24. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I got Prevx 2 yesterday, I must have been one of the last people to get a key then. This morning I put sandboxie back on and it seems to get along with Prevx 2.

25. AshG

AshG Registered Member

CRAP! I always miss out on these. Too bad there's not an educator's discount, ad that is the only way I can afford anything nowadays.

Does anyone know of any other way to obtain a free, legal one year license? Please don't let me be out in the cold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.