Free (preferably cold) imaging software for SSD/W7

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Swordfish_, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swordfish_

Swordfish_ Registered Member

Good Day,

since I've just completed a fresh install of W7 x64 on a new rig, I am looking for a no-frills free imaging software.

I actually only need a basic functionality:
    - possibility to create a bootable USB recovery media (and make cold backup and recovery using booting from USB recovery media... the images will be stored on a separate physical HDD, I don't wanna hassle with CD/DVD/Blu-Ray etc.)
    - possibility of create image of the entire system partition (no need for incremential/specified folders/files backup, only whole system partition)
    - compatibility with the newest breed of SSD Drives (specifically Indilinx Everest chipset ie. Vertex 4), by this I mean partition alignment after recovery from image etc.
    - possibility to make a hot backup would be welcome, but not required

And just one more question: I am going to install a Linux distro on a second partition of SSD, would restoring an image also erase the Linux loader with OS selection screen? ...sorry for a lame question ;)

Any suggestions? Paragon? Macrium?

Thank you in advance :)

2. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.