Free Pop-up Blockers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Ijsbeer, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ijsbeer

Ijsbeer Registered Member

There is probably a thread about this but I couldn't find it. I did a search, honest. Well I found really old threads from 2004. I don't know if this is the right forum either. If its the wrong place I appologize.

I need a good free pop-up blocker. I am currently using IE. I have used Opera in the past but Opera doesn't work well with a forum I frequent (A LOT) and the functionality keeps annoying me. I don't like firefox either.

I set the pop-up blocker that is built in with IE to high, but it only blocks the most obvious pop-ups. I also have a norman firewall.

I used the gogodata pop-up blocker for a while. It was good at first but soon got buggy. It blocked stuff from sites I had allowed. Also it let stuff as winfixer/errorsafe through. (actually my firewall did to, even though I manually blocked the sites in my firewall). The free version of gogodata isn't updated and won't be. Because of all this I disabled it.

I installed the free trail of super ad blocker until I find another pop-up blocker.

Normally I don't really visit high risk sites but I do play a lot of online games. Many of these run on free ware sites causing a lot of popups. Also I have discovered that even seemling normally sites have adverts from winfixer/errorsafe. I managed to prevent it from infecting my computer last time because I knew what it was and by chance acted really fast. Fast enough to actually being able to close the browser. But I prefer a pop-up blocker that blocks it next time.

Any advice is highly appricated.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.