free on-demand spyware scanners?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by C.S.J, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hey ppl, quick thread.

i want a free on-demand scanner without all those monitors and one that doesnt run in the background.

good detection but just an on-demand program please, anyone know any good ones?

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    On demand scanner - what type? Anti-virus, anti-trojan, anti-spyware?
    Mrk

3. jasonago

jasonago Registered Member

Spybot S&D, AdAware Free, AVG antispyware, and Spyware doctor are some of the progs you can use.

Spyware doctor has a good detection but you need to pay before you can clean your system.

I personally use spybot because it is free and has relatively and fairly good detection rates...plus the tools it has...

AVG antispyware (previously Ewido) is also free. I think you can disable its monitors. I haven't tried it but forums are giving good comments on ewido/avg antispy...

hope this helps...

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i asked because im trying the beta dr.web and didnt think it scanned for adware and spyware,

but....

i saw this on their own website,

"Mass-mailing worms * E-mail viruses * Peer-to-peer viruses * Internet worms * File viruses * Trojans * Stealth viruses* Polymorphic viruses * Bodiless viruses * Macro viruses * MS Office viruses * Script viruses * Spyware * Spybots * Password stealers * Paid Dialers * Adware * Riskware* Hacktools * Backdoors * Keyloggers* Joke programs * Malicious scripts * Other malware* "

so no need, thank you for the swift reply though. :D

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

superantispyware free and ewido micro

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since We have a fairly recent ongoing thread concerning this subject matter....We'll bring this thread to a close and ask that We continue in that thread Please.

Thanks,
    Bubba

This thread---> Online scanners: which do you recommend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.