Free Folder Lock

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by hec51, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hec51

hec51 Registered Member

I have tried this free software and found out that if you install it on your pc that you cannot get to any system files that you might need to unhide. I could not figure out why I could not view any systems files and once I uninstalled this program everything went back to normal. Does anyone know of a work around?

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

3. hec51

hec51 Registered Member

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

hec,

IMO there is nothing wrong with this software. Are you sure you used it properly ?
    You first have to add the folders, you want to hide and pay attention to
    the complete path : partition letter + folder (+ subfolder, if necessary)
    Then you decide to hide or show it.

After locking folders, I could still see all the other folders.
    Otherwise you have to give me a specific example and I will try again.

I hope it wasn't caused by a previous experiment of another locking software, that wasn't uninstalled properly. :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  5. hec51

hec51 Registered Member

I am not sure if maybe there is a problem within my system, there may. It works fine when I have it installed. The problem occurs if I need to get to hidden system files. If you go into folder options and try to change the setting for view or not view it doesn't seem to work. When I uninstalled everything works. I wrote tech support and they say that is normal. I wrote back and asked if I need to uninstall every time I need to view system files and I got no answer. I took that as a yes. Sorry about the name confusion, it's called Free Hide Folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.