Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ichito, Apr 26, 2016.
Evorim Free Firewall v2.4.2 (August 5, 2019)
I checked it out with the help of Sandboxie. I couldn't test protection but I do think the GUI is a bit unhandy. They simply list all running processes, but it would be handier if you can see all allowed and blocked apps.
Evorim Free Firewall v2.4.3 (August 23, 2019)
Evorim Free Firewall v2.5.1 (December 3, 2019)
Spoiler: Changes v2.5.1
Note: This version is backwards compatible with the previous version.
New features and improvements
• New: Three firewall modes: Normal, Gaming, Blockade
• New Mode: Blockade: Network traffic is blocked for all programs and services.
• New Mode: Gaming: All notifications are disabled and games get network access.
• New translations: Dutch.
• New translations: Czech.
• Applications can now be added to the list itself.
• Window position is saved and loaded.
• User interface revised.
• Additional manual update search by button.
• Software and processes run more stable.
• Icon in the info area (tray) flashes on events.
• Icon in the info area (tray) shows different icons for each firewall mode.
• The sorting of the lists is stored across sessions.
• Revised context menu for applications
• Right click context menu for applications
• New functions in the context menu for applications: start program, copy path to the clipboard, open directory
• New: Temporary rules. Rules are reset after the next reboot.
• New: Ignore events. In the event list and in the event window.
• Lists of events can be sorted.
• Applications can be shown and hidden in the list.
• Lower memory consumption.
Changes and fixes
• Bug fixed in sorting list by rule.
• List of events was not updated automatically as events were processed in the event window.
• Firewall rules were not correctly adopted sporadically.
Separate names with a comma.