Free file recovery, drive imaging, more..

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Notok, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I came across this today and was very impressed. It could use a little work, but it's only at version 1.0. The great thing is that it's only 140k and doesn't require any install, so it could be run from portable media (USB key, CD, etc), for those of us who are constantly recruited to fix computers for friends and family.

http://www.adrc.net/data_recovery_software/data_recovery_software.htm

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  2. DCM

DCM Registered Member

It does not look free to me. If they have a price list and you have to request and estimate, this program may tell you that you have a problem but will not fix it.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the tool (software) is free but they also offer paid professional data recovery where u send ur media to them.

id be interested in testing how well it works, but at the same time, i dont want to be in the situation where i need to use data recovery.

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Heh, may be because I posted the wrong link.. sorry, it's fixed now.

I played around with it a bit and it seems to do the basics pretty well. The big thing is that if someone calls you in great distress because they accidently deleted something, you can easily throw this on a USB flash drive and take a look. It's small and fast, so for what it does it's a very nice little tool.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Seems very nice to have on the pen drive.

Thanks ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.