Free Dr.WEB Anti-spam - buy upgrade now!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Malcontent, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

ACTION -
    http://info.drweb.com/show/3030/en

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep this is rubbish malcontent,

i dont see why i have to pay for another YEAR just to get free spam, my current licence dont even run out till DECEMBER 2009.

sure spam is free, if you pay for another year, kinda rubbishes the comments that users BEFORE feb 1st 2007, get it free, because you have to buy another year just for that.

3. Malcontent

I agree. This is poor marketing on Dr. Web's part. This really doesn't affect me. My e-mail provider blocks spam at the server level. At most 4-5 make it through a day. I use a small utility called Pop Peeper to check my e-mail on the server and allows me to delete the unwanted spam that makes it through, from the server before I download my messages. So, I don't need or want this anti-spam from Dr. Web.
    But I realize other people would find Dr. Web's anti-spam useful and would want this new feature. These are the people who are being screwed.

If Dr. Web doesn't want to give the upgrade for free, why couldn't they charge the price difference between the anti-spam and non anti-spam for current customers? So, like $8 per license year. If you have 1 year left on your license, you would pay $8 to upgrade to anti-spam. If you have a 2 year license you would pay $16.

4. fredra

fredra Registered Member

This is "nuts" :mad:
    OR
    Is this a "lost in translation" interpretation?
    My understanding of this is .... I MUST buy another year now (although my lic. does not expire until August), for me to get the anti spam feature?
    What are they thinking? o_O
    Cheers :mad:

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The Anti-Spam is free but they want us to renew our already valid licenses to get it. It makes no financial sense at all and is quite a kick in the teeth to current customers. Looks like Panda may be staying on my box...:rolleyes: :cautious: :) Just curious though, does this new DrWEB version have the new engine with it?...:eek: :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  6. Malcontent

I don't believe so. Dr. Web generated a new beta testing key for the beta av engine. The new key dosent' expire until the end of April. So, I think it's still in beta testing. Besides, Dr. Web doesn't mentioned the new AV engine anywhere on their website as being released with the new anti-spam version.

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

no, the new version is only with the added SPAM, the new engine is not due till the next release, which is being tested in the virus lab as we speak, but i dont think its been given the green light just yet.

i agree, my licence doesnt run out till dec 2009, so why should i buy another year just to get the spam free o_O poor service...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.