Free AVG Internet Security 2015 (100% discount)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zmechys, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

In this case, you can disable thorough scanning and scanning for tracking cookies. The rest of the options don't really cause a huge impact.

2. ance

ance formerly: fmon

... and with the Free Internet Security key you are able to uninstall the junk, very nice. :thumb:

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'm not using AVG anymore. AVG was automatically uninstalled when I updated to a new build of Windows 10, and I have not reinstalled it as of yet, as I've received no reply to my question at AVG's Support Center.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Well I finally got an answer regarding my quarantining question (it tooks over two weeks, but the time frame isn't really an issue for me). The option to ignore files is only avilable for PUPs/ Anything else has to be added to the ignore list manually.

For that reason, I'm done with AVG till until they add the option to ignore any item that is detected. This will probably never be added, in which case I'll never use AVG again. This is probably not an issue for 99% of people, but it is for me as there were a number of files I wanted to exclude from detection.

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.