FP ? in RVS etc

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by CloneRanger, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Went ahead and installed RVS free, so keeping my fingers crossed this time :D

It did a scan and detected PE Guard PEG.

r-peg.gif

This is an app that has featured prominently here on Wilders, and as far as i'm aware is legit.

Also closing ALL open programs before enabling RVS, seems over the top and highly inconvenient, as this would mean having to reboot to re-enable everything again. Or does it just mean things like for eg Open Office etc ?

prog.gif

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Hi CloneRanger

Re. the FP - do you have VG set to "All Detection Rules" in Preferences? That's the only time I get FPs.

Re. your second point, Mike answers this here.

HTH

philby

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi CR,
    Is this the only detection? I.E., do you also see a number of temp file detections? If the latter, it may be due to a damaged DB that should be corrected by installing the current internal build upgrade that includes a number of quality improvements. We are currently testing this build prior to the general release for the public so let me know and can send you a private link to download.

Thanks
    Mike

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@philby

Nice of you to jump in with answer :thumb:

@Coldmoon

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=264726

Would be very helpful :)

Yes it's the only detection, i don't see any temp file detections or anything else. I have disabled the AV, but let it run once on install.

After a reboot System Restore points seem to be in place, so that's good. Hope it stays that way, and i'll be keeping a very close watch on them, as losing them as in previous versions caused me enormous grief and time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.