Four in Five IT Managers Believe Employees Deliberately Disobey Security Policies

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by TheKid7, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Four in Five IT Managers Believe Employees Deliberately Disobey Security Policies:
    http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/...iberately-disobey-security-policies-5769.html

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Seems correct. I am an IT manager and I do believe it. People that do what is easy for them rather than getting the appropriate permission and access to something they should be asking me about.

3. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

This sounds like mind-reading :) Employees will always disobey security policies, but there is no way to know if they do it on purpose or for other reasons.

The other issue is that those policies are put in place to restrict the user's action and freedom rather than to protect the network's security, so I don't see why the employees would want to obey those policies.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Some of both. I'm sure convenience is a factor.

Also some of both. Somewhat to protect the network (remember the greatest security risks are internal) and to restrict users since all jobs come with rules that everyone is expected to follow, IT rules or otherwise. ;)

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

They are absolutely correct.
    Most corporate security is a joke though.
    Mrk

6. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Some companies lock things down too tight, which interferes with the jobs employees are paid to do. And, well, as Mrkvonic said, some companies might as well not even have policies. Especially when IT doesn't obey their own rules.

7. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

As a retired IT Manager I happen to agree with the article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.