Forum visits in response to notifications

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by rnfolsom, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

At least from the Eset forums, an email announcement that a thread I have been watching has a new post, always includes the following statement:

"There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

When I DO visit the forum and read the new post, do I need to login (to show Wilders that I've been to that forum) if I DO want to receive more notifications of additional posts to that thread?

That is, if I do NOT login when I read the new post, will I no longer receive more notifications of new posts to that thread?

Thanks for any help.

Roger Folsom

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, you do need to access the forum logged into your member account in order to reset the notification system.

Without accessing your forum account, no additional notifications will come for any single thread.

3. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

LowWaterMark:

Thanks for clarifying that. Perhaps the need to logon ought to be mentioned in the notification email.

Thanks again.

Roger Folsom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.