Forum Migration to XenForo Completed

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LowWaterMark, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I just noticed the small thumbnail with my avatar for the threads I posted in. What I'd like to know is if it's normal that the thumbnail appears only for the threads where I have a post on the last page. Thanks!

2. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

I see my small avatar on threads where I replied, including those threads where I did not reply on the last page. The exceptions being threads where I replied before the transition to XenForo. Older threads don't have my small avatar on them.

3. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I think this is the explanation. Thanks.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, that´s exactly what I mean, it´s getting on my nerves. If people don´t want to see them, they can block them with an ad blocker, not? :)

I wonder why disabling this also kills all formatting options, that´s just insane. :mad:

Perhaps it´s indeed browser (and perhaps even processor?) related. I´m using an AMD Athlon 64 processor from 2005.
    Sadly enough Opera is the only browser that I can use on old machines.

IE, Firefox and Chrome are way too heavy, and besides, they suck anyway. :thumbd:

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Too bad the status levels for number of posts are gone.

6. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Opera behaves differently when I reply with a quote - as this answer above to Rmus in post#498.
    But when I do a quick reply, i.e. no quote - it's fast and quiet.

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, that was kinda fun...

8. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

A mild annoyance: the bubble for the thread preview is cut off when the thread is too close to the top of the window.

9. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Now, if only there is a way to view all threads that I've posted in within the order of their latest posts.

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Go to your Profile page, and under Content, you'll see your posts and threads in descending order, from the latest on down.

13. MrBrian

As I've mentioned before, when logged in here using HTTPS, if I click on a Wilders HTTP link in a search engine result, I'm immediately logged out by Wilders. Is this on purpose?

14. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, it is. It protects your credentials from being revealed because you are suddenly changed to a non SSL connection.

If you have gone to the trouble to use https to access here, the last thing you'd want is to accidentally click a link that isn't SSL and have that open your session up to network sniffing.

15. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Yes, I've looked into that and advanced search. Still does not answer the original question. I've specifically stated all thread I posted in within the order of their last post for a reason. That was the default behaviour of the previous advanced search, now everything is ordered within my last post even if I display results as threads.

16. guest

guest Guest

Uh... how do I attach an image in the middle of a post? Do I have to manually put the ATTACH code? Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I can't find where it was explained. Thank you.

17. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ GrafZeppelin

Yeah i mentioned & showed how to before ! It's easy to miss stuff though. Just grab the image/s & place it/them where you want in your post.

18. TheWindBringeth

On that note, and given that there are probably many sites that don't use secure cookie options and/or HTTPS consistently, perhaps it is wise to configure one's browser to force HTTPS (or at least block HTTP) for those top level sites and secondary hosts where you only want to use HTTPS. Possibly along with forcing cookie options if/where that makes sense. Assuming the user understands enough of the subject and takes care not to break something important, this should make their critical browsing more deterministic.

19. MrBrian

Browser extensions for doing so are listed in "14.22. Force HTTPS:" at https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/probably-best-free-security-list-world.htm?page=0,13.

20. guest

guest Guest

Post #? Yeah, now I remember it a little, the drag and drop thing IIRC. Thanks.

21. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ GrafZeppelin

Pleasure !

22. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

23. TheWindBringeth

Good, I'm on a diet and your avatar makes me hungry :)

24. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm afraid I don't see an issues with that thread. TheWindBringeth made two test replies there, (and deleted them), and they went through just fine.

Best I can advise is to recycle your browser... maybe some cache, cookie, something issue is causing a problem there. Clear it and log back in, and see if that helps.

25. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Another extra click added to view "recent activity". Not good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.