Forum Migration to XenForo Completed

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LowWaterMark, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

Font Color (as all the other commands for formatting etc.) requires the activation of Javascript. Only then the bar with these commands will appear above the draft for a posting:

FB.jpg

2. ssbtech

ssbtech Registered Member

As someone who mostly browses, I have a couple of suggestions that might make things easier on the eyes:

Font - I think a "sans serif" font would be easier on the eyes, think Verdana, Calibri, etc...

Spacing - There doesn't seem to be much space between posts in a thread, and the posts appear to "gel" together. Some spacing between posts with better delineation would improve readability.

Just my $0.02 :)

EDIT: Just found the "VB3 fluid style. Much better :)

Cheers!

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ Peter 123

Hi, i do have JS enabled whilst logged in, & see the BAR. I do use some of it's functions, but Font Color doesn't seem to work for me ?

@ ssbtech

You should use the FLUID style

4. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

5. ssbtech

ssbtech Registered Member

Yep, thanks. I found it and edited my previous post.

I think XenForo's VB3 fluid style looks better than the "official" VB3 style.

Looks good :)

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

While you didn't mention it, apparently that arrow is also a clickable link back to the quoted post. We're getting there, little by little ... :)

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

I didn't catch that myself, thanks MikeBCda! :thumb: You're not the only one... we are too! ;):D

8. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I like the new forum layout more than the old forum layout.

9. Peter 123

Well, I will make a test and write two words in green letters and two in red letters and two in blue letters and two in orange letters.
    ---> For me it obviously works. ;)

10. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Odd issue in SeaMonkey with NoScript - suddenly on this site I don't have the NoScript line with options, therefore can't activate javascript.
    Any ideas how to go around it?

Edit: This is the sort of line I'm talking about. For Wilders this line just isn't here :(
    WildersNo-NoScript.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  11. act8192

Yesterday I changed something in my profile to use rich text in order to be able to put the cursor into the typing box. Today I want to revert out of that and can't find where that setting was. I changed to 3.x fluid (good, nice work LWM) - might that be the reason I can't find that setting?

12. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No, the style doesn't effect that type of thing. It changes the look of forums and threads, but, doesn't suppress options like that.

The only place to enable or disable rich-text that I know of is in the Preferences screen...

rich text setting.png

Mouse over your member name in the upper right nav bar, click Preferences to get that.

13. Peter 123

Sorry, can't tell you what to do about this line because I use NoScript only with the symbol (icon) which is always here (also when I am at Wilders). Moreover I use Firefox as browser so things may be different. In Firefox you can take a look at you Add-ons and open NoScript from there too. I do not know if there is a similar possibility in SeaMonkey.

For this setting click on your user name ---> Preferences ---> here you will find it under "Options":

RT.jpg

PS: Sorry, now I realize that LWM had it already posted too.

14. act8192

Yes, that's where it is. So moments ago i reenabled Richtext. Got the buttons bar with bold and all that. but then I couldn't post in the box below - which was precisely the situation I was in yesterday. So I went back, removed the check and I can at least write this answer. This all in Opera, javascript is enabled for this site.

15. act8192

Still no NoScript bar in SeaMonkey and no idea why at this point. Good thing I can trust Wilders.

Interesting. In SeaMonkey with RichText enabled, I can type an answer :) and even add a smiley. So, I'm back in business.

Thanks to LWM for his incredibly fast fixes to the visuals we all complained about.
    LWM, please, get some sleep!

16. SweX

SweX Registered Member

First, thanks LWM for adding the VB Fluid style really appreciate it. :-* And all your hard work, but don't forget sleep is important too :thumb: But it might take some time before I get the hang of it all. But so far so good I think. :D

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I looked but couldn't find an answer to my question, is there any way one can disable the little popup window that loads each time I have my cursor on a thread? :doubt: Thanks.

18. Peter 123

Is there no such icon for NoScript too in SeaMonkey?

NS.jpg

respectively (when scripts are not allowed):

NS2.jpg

The only way I found until now: when you disable Javascript. (But of course this has other consequences too, as for example no formatting possibilities for your posts.)

Besides from this method, it seems that the user cannot change it but only the adminstrator of a forum. See these threads in the forum of xenforo (concerning the reverse issue: thread preview / tooltip preview was desired but did not appear):

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/enabling-thread-preview.71323
    and
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/i-cant-active-tooltip-preview.34281/

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  19. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Hi MrBrian,

If you Zoom with your browser, the columns resize. I zoom to 160% to make the font larger for easier reading (I did the same on the old forum).

At some point in zooming, the right "Members Online" column is wrapped to the bottom of the page, so that just the Forum and Latest Thread columns display left-to-right.

At this zoom, I notice the first three items on the Navigation Bar appear at the far right on a drop-down menu, which doesn't bother me.

wilders-zoom1.jpg

----
    rich

20. anon

anon Registered Member

*Bump*

With VB, it was very easy to identify which user is online/offline.
    Now?

21. Peter 123

22. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

@ Rmus: thanks for the tip :).

23. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hmmm I see thanks :)

We'll see what LWM thinks about it. I personally only find the loading time (couple seconds) for the popup to show up annoying since most times I didn't actually want my cursor to be on the thread but on the numbers under it to go straight to a page in the thread. But the numbers are quite tiny so it happens often that the cursor moves over the thread.

24. anon

anon Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  25. Peter 123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.