Forum behaves differently?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Rasheed187, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Hi,

Is it true that pages in the forum are not cached anymore, because it seems that eventhough I had already loaded some pages, they get reloaded again when I access them. Also, I don´t like the fact that after posting, the page autoscrolls to your post. Plus if you click on a smiley, there should be space between the last letter and the smiley, can this be changed? :rolleyes:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The cache setting on the pages here has not changed since we first converted to vBulletin. Pages like the indexes or thread displays are not supposed to be cached in order to ensure people see new posts when they are made and to not view an out of date cached version. In any case, we didn't make any changes to this. If it is suddenly functioning differently for you, have you changed any software (browsers, filtering, proxy, etc.) or software settings there? (This only effects the main page HTML and not the objects contained within pages, meaning things like images should still cache.)

The auto-scrolling to the reply just posted is normal vBulletin behavior and the forum has always done that. There doesn't even appear to be an option to change that functionality. The spacing on Smiley posting did change when we went to vBulletin 3.5. A space is only added after the Smiley but not before like is was on vBulletin 3.0. I've verified at the vBulletin home site that it works the same here as there. (Actually, all three of these things function the same at the main vBulletin site.)

3. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Rasheed187
    Even though we know you are fairly well versed in these things have you checked your IE Options settings to see if this one got changed somehow?

Attached Files:

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Hi,

Then it must be me, but I thought that a while back pages didn´t reload everytime, with that I mean I had to clear my cache, otherwise I would get to see old pages. Also, I´m almost sure of the fact that it didn´t use to scroll exactly to your post, it´s a bit annoying IMO. And no (@ Q Section) that setting hasn´t changed, thanks for the tip though. ;)

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just string along Bro'.........kinda go with the flow....this Wilders place ain't always perfect ya know.......nobodies perfect.......nobodies right.......ya gotta admit though, there's no better Site........each one of us striving, down to a Man........to keep upto date the best way we can........so glean what you can from whats given each day.........and we hope that it helps you in just a small way........:D

Cochise,:cool: Leaning poetically towards Poetry in Pasadena.....

6. wildman

wildman Registered Member

o_O So why haven't we seen you posting in the rhyming game thread? Ah our Cochise has been hiding yet more of his secret talents.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :ninja:

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just string along Bro'.........kinda go with the flow....this Wilders place ain't always perfect ya know.......nobodies perfect.......nobodies right.......ya gotta admit though, there's no better Site........each one of us striving, down to a Man........to keep upto date the best way we can........so glean what you can from whats given each day.........and we hope that it helps you in just a small way........:D

Cochise,:cool: Leaning poetically towards Poetry in Pasadena.....

8. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Please be very kindly for our Cochise, he is a very sensitive guy full of unexpected emotions.:blink:

Take a look here, you meet there a complete different Cochise...:(

Sorry, i must cry again.:'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.