Fort Knox Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dcrowe0050, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Just curious about this new firewall I read about on Gizmos today. Fort Knox Personal Firewall, it has a long list of features and looks like it could be fairly useful. Im already setup but Im always looking for new products and researching them. So I thought I would just ask and see if any of you guys have read about it or know anything about it. Its made by Net gate Technologies. Be glad to hear about it if anybody knows anything. heres a link to the info page on softpedia.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/FortKnox-Personal-Firewall.shtml

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

As far as I know, Fort Knox should be a rebrand of Sygate.
    Here's some discussion (more than a year old) on it I found.

3. dcrowe0050

Hey I appreciate the feedback and in the future I will use the search to try and find stuff out before I post a new thread

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I was wondering the same thing. I attempted to test it out. I didnt even get it configured. I was trying to change tabs and it was extremely laggy. I uninstalled at that point. I figured if the program cant run itself smoothly then there must be adverse affects on the OS.

5. dcrowe0050

I'm actually using it right now and it works fine on my 32 bit Vista laptop 3gigs RAM. I like the firewall, good GUI decent logging and a few advanced features. After 15 days its supposed to disable some features so depending on what features it disables I might not be using it long. I have to say I like it better than a lot of the others, it doesn't bother me much and protection is good. Their are some other threads that cover it n more detail just search for it. I believe it is made in vision of Sygate Firewall

6. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I did use it when it was previously discussed, and it didn't have any problems.

Free version available here:
    http://www.fortknox-firewall.com/

Edit - manual states after 15 days it will run in limited mode. What's 'limited mode' consist of?

fort.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  7. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Anyone know what features get disabled in the free version? And if it has Sygate's proxy problem?

8. dcrowe0050

Ive been trying to figure this out too. Still looking, maybe it will turn up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.