Formatted the hard disk accidentally; Can't install Windows ME

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by CharlieD, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieD

CharlieD Registered Member

I have a laptop with a hard drive which I (foolishly) formatted so that there is no operating system on it. Acronis Disk Director had previously been installed, so when I turn the computer on Acronis OS selector appears and gives me the option of booting from a floppy disk (Drive A). However, the internal floppy disk drive is damaged and cannot be accessed. I have an external USB floppy drive which I had been using before the hard drive was formatted but, of course, with no operating system, the USB port is not recognized.

I can set up the BIOS to boot from the CD-ROM drive. I have a Windows ME installation disk which I would like to use .
    I downloaded a file which was purported to enable me to produce a bootable CD-ROM. I burned this file to a disk and tried to run it but the computer did not respond. Instead the Acronis OS selector appeared on the screen.

QUESTION: Is there any way I can do this installation given the conditions described above?

2. LinuxPenguin

LinuxPenguin Registered Member

So you can track me down and stalk me, no thanks..
    yes, enter the bios (achieved by either th f2 f10 or del key) and select boot order. select the cdrom drive as the first boot device

thats all there is to it

remember to change it back afterwards :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.