Forgot Password of archives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Passwortvergesser, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passwortvergesser

Passwortvergesser Registered Member

Hallo,
    I am new here and pretty desperate:
    I always used a Password for my True Image 9.1 Archives. Somehow or maybe it was even me, the password was changed. I recently had to rescue data of an archive, suddenly my old password did not work!

My System is set up correctly.

The bad password is still saved in the options of the program but I cannot see it clear. even the Program "Pants off 2.0.3" doesn´t show.

I figured out an XML-file named "backupsupp.config" but the only i can see there ist:

<archive>
    <password>
    001F4AJyND584vmJJYDkT6gG6y$F9A
    </password>
    </archive>

So I think it´s one-way-coded.
    Is there any way to get the password as it´s still active in True Image?

I can see that it must have 9 letters but that´s all. I tested all my well known passwords none of them works.

Any Clue?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Basically, you're screwed if you can't remember the password you used.

Keep trying your most likely passwords and minor typographical errors you might have made when typing them.

Try to remember what you were doing when you made that archive. Sit in the same chair, try to recreate the time and situatiion and see if that helps you remember the password.

Pray or do whatever religious or spiritual things you do to receive devine help.

Good luck.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

If the password protection is any good it will be using a hash - which means that the password is not stored anywhere, and can not be deduced from its encoded value. I suspect you are stuffed. :'(

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.