Forgot Android Beta Password

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by nickjr, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickjr

nickjr Registered Member

Gentlemen,
    I need HELP, I was having a problem with my Samsung dialer and I was told to clear the dialer data and when I attempted to do that, Eset Mobile Security popped up and asked for a password, I have no idea what my password is since it has been awhle since I installed the beta, I need help in having the password reset so I can access my phone. Thanks for any help

2. nickjr

nickjr Registered Member

I did not receive any help from Eset regarding this issue, their statement is that since it is in Beta, sorry... You would think they would have a password backdoor in cases like mine, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, so I had to google my way in the backdoor to do a complete factory reset of my phone, losing all my apps that now I will have to reload one by one.. Thanks ESET

3. william_liang

william_liang Registered Member

I understand your frustration, since I'm in the same situation. But if you think about it, first the product is Beta, secondly and most importantly, if someone "stole" your phone, then they could easy gain access to it, if there was a backdoor.

So, even thought I'm frustrated that I have to reinstall Android and all the Apps and contacts, it's worth it, since my phone contains very confidential information, about my employer's business.

4. DonB

DonB Registered Member

I am in that situation today. Loaded Android Beta Friday. Yesterday, I powered down and back up. I was presented 2 opportunities to enter the code, then it locked. It is my opinion I entered the proper code, since it is the same one I have used for years to unlock cell phones. Is there absolutely NO way to remedy this problem short of reformatting the memory?

5. DonB

DonB Registered Member

OK, here it is. Call your ISP, They have a back door into the OS and can get you back on without formatting the drive or losing any data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.