For NIS '07 Vista users

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by midway40, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Today Norton has released the Vista Add-On pack:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/custserv.nsf/docid/2006092616462646

"Features Include

Norton AntiSpam
    Automatically filters out annoying and dangerous fraudulent or phishing emails from your email in-box.

Norton Parental Control
    Blocks access to Web sites not suitable for children.

Confidential Information Blocking
    Alerts you if unauthorized sensitive personal information is being sent out over the Internet via email, instant messaging or web pages.

Ad Blocking
    Keeps banner ads and pop-up and pop-under windows off the screen for faster Web browsing."

2. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

But not supporting firefox.

I want to give a trial to this product, but using Firefox and Thunderbird, NIS is not supporting both of them.

3. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

thnx for d info....

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Really, wow. Is this because of the Phising bar or something else?

I would recommend this add-on to NIS users just for the Ad-blocking as you can add to it.
    Also there is an ad block list somewhere and program that'll enter them for you (if it'll work.)
    If you can choose not to install parental controls unless needed then even better.

5. midway40

It does give you the choice whether to install Parental Controls or not at the first of the installation.

6. Meriadoc

AGNIS block list (last updated Jan'07) & ProWAGoN utility for NIS. You can obviously edit the block list (web contents) to your satisfaction.

7. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Ermm :blink: I downloaded and installed this thing, and it froze my screen imediately after the Vista Welcome Screen, it turned my screen black,and it wouldnt load any further :ninja: Couldnt get to the Desktop to uninstall it,and it Wouldnt uninstall in safe mode :rolleyes: Guess who's just gone through a Complete reformat to get this thing off my PC :mad:

8. Meriadoc

Hi,
    can you not image and/will you try the add-on pack again? (have you had a look around to see if other users are having any problems with it.) I know from experience way back when, this is a useful very configurable tool.

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used NIS 2007 with thunderbird and the NIS mail scanner does work with thunderbird.

10. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Er No! It screwed up once, and Once is too many times for me :D So its :thumbd: for the Add on pack besides all that, the exe file say XP so Norton can shake their ass I'm not having any of it :cautious:

11. midway40

Sorry you had problems with the add-on pack DVD+R. I don't use it myself, I was posting for those who was interested in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.