Folder Shared but Files Not Seen

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sjn, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjn

sjn Registered Member

We have Acronis TruImage Server 8.0 Build 1018

I built a rescue CD.

I created a folder on an Xp in the network and shared it for everyone including the DOMAIN Admins.
    I copied two .tib (full archive) files to the shared folder on the Xp from another server that had the files in a shared folder.

When I log onto any workstation or server in out network, I can open the shared folder on the Xp and see the .tib files.

However,
    I boot the rescue disk and configure the network connection under tools (set the ip, dns, etc).

I then select verify image, navigate the network to the Xp with the shared folder and login with the domain admin account. Acronis can see the folders that contain the .tib files but the .tib files do not show up even though they are present:isay:

Any ideas..

thanks

Stan

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Could you try copying one of the .tib files to the desktop of the local machine and check if ATI can verify the file when it is on the desktop.

3. sjn

sjn Registered Member

tried it on the desktop and in a shared folder on the desktop.

no luck...o_O

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

By this I assume you mean the Acronis boot CD with the Linux shell...? Am I correct in understanding that you cannot see the .tib files when you are in the Linux shell...?

If you start ATI from within Windows can you navigate to the shared folder and "see" the .tib files?

5. sjn

sjn Registered Member

Yes..
    I load the rescue disk into a CD Drive on our Dell 2850.
    I boot it up. And the ATI GUI starts
    Set the ip info, etc

The ATI is not installed on the Xp (1)..
    ATI is only installed on a maintenance server

For some reason, I can see the .tib files on a second Xp (2) that I have set a shared folder up on.

So, what I have figure out at this point..
    1. i can see the .tib files by navigating the network on Xp (2)
    2 i can see the .tib files via the rescue disk booted on Xp (2)
    3. i can see the .tib files by navigating the network on Xp (1)
    4. i can not see the .tib files via the rescue disk booted on Xp (1)

I am wondering if it is some security or priv issue?

6. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Based on your feedback it seems highly probably that this is an administrative problem rather than a technical problem.

Possibilities are: -

* Network permissions
    * Security settings
    * Firewall settings
    * ATI license (your license may not be set up to permit this action)

If you resolve the issue please report back to the Forum so we can all learn from your experience.

TiA :D

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sjn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that the Sharing Permissions are set to "Full Control" for the shared folder where your backups are located (right-click on the folder in Windows Explorer -> Properties -> Sharing -> Permissions).

If that does not help, please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot the computer from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem is gone, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If the problem still persists with the Bootable Rescue CD created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows, please do the following:

- Boot the computer from the Bootable Rescue CD created with the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt and net.txt files are not readable within Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters, i.e. SYSINFO.TXT, NET.TXT, or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive (the same applies to the net.txt file).

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for the computer where the network share that holds your backups is located.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.