Folder protection advice

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by hammerman, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammerman

hammerman Registered Member

Can anybody suggest a program (preferably free) that would allow me to prevent any access to files within a specified folder or it's sub-folders? Perhaps entry of a password would allow access to the folder.

I am using Comodo D+, Threatfire, Sandboxie, Defensewall at the moment but I don't think you can achieve this with any of these. Defensewall comes the closest as it prevents access by untrusted applications to the folder. However, I want to prevent access by any application.

Thanks.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You might consider TrueCrypt. When using them, they can appear as a separate mounted drive. Otherwise they are just another file on your system, that is of no value to anyone. It is free.

Pete

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Comodo Firewall 3 has a 'My Quarantined Files' feature, but it is not configurable per program.

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

AxCrypt has a right click feature that you can use to encrypt a file real quick.

5. hammerman

hammerman Registered Member

Thanks Peter, will try this out.

I tried this but every time I highlighted the protected folder in Explorer, Comodo seemed to keep accessing the harddrive for about 30secs (see attached Process Explorer traces). Although it functioned the way I wanted, I couldn't put up with that hard drive activity.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.