FMA Intel-Secure CBAD Cloud Antimalware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MrBrian, Oct 15, 2014.

1. nnvt

nnvt Registered Member

We are working on a premium version which will have far better options then the free version.
    However the free version will be on par with other freeware programs our there.
    What can you expect from the premium version? Well pretty much the same as other premium packages and a bit more.
    I will release the list soon, and in terms of price its going to be cheap thats for sure.

One of the massive problems the AV sector has its is pricing, and yes we are not going to take part in a price game where the costumer is going to be ripped off.

Cheers

2. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

consumer? ;)

3. siketa

siketa Registered Member

customer ;)

4. controler

controler Guest

tried out the antimalware scanner today. seems fast. Only issues I had was with Norton asking to approve and if I selected this time only the program would not update or run a scan until I let Norton approve the exe always. Then after the scan my screen shot seems to show the cbad exe as bad? LOL

Attached Files:

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

To be honest, initially i thought this was an Intel Product. Hahahaha

6. Comming soon. Really curious what the OS-hardening module will include. As someone who has tweaked its group policy to the max (adding/changing entries in policy templates is relatively easy) with the free guides from NSA and Sans, I allways wondered why this build-in security was not used. Hope these programs are digitally signed, because a few real easy tweaks reduce malware threat by 95% (deny elevation of unsigned executables, safe DLL search path, deny download/run executables from the internet 1806)

7. controler

controler Guest

"4: If you scan the scanner itself it will be detected as malicious based upon the reputation of the file keep in mind our scanner is a NEW file so no rep yet.
    This detection is done as a TEST."

Ok you now I see detecting itself is normal. Is a test.

I am running a win 8.1 64 here and the program works fine.

8. controler

controler Guest

"FMA Intel-Secure (CCSU PR-Guard) Edition 2014"

This one will not install on my machine at all.

9. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Because doing so can break things.

10. Same applies for SRP, AppLocker

11. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

I agree.

12. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

After trying it out, I have some suggestions:

1. It should register itself in the Start menu when you install it.
    2. It should install itself in Program Files, not just the root drive.
    3. Remove the "power" bar during scans. It is vague as to what it is, and serves no purpose.
    4. Change "Manual Scan" to "Custom Scan."

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  13. Brandonn2010

Any news? This sounded exciting.

14. kardokristal

kardokristal Developer

@Brandonn2010
    Hi, Nico is quite active on MalwareTips forum. You can find thread about CBAD here.
    No updates recently but maybe because of the Christmas time.

Regards,
    Kardo

15. Brandonn2010

I went there and noticed it has been pulled from downloads until the updated version is released.

16. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

There is an obvious way to get the download from the link used.
    However the updates are not working so no good anyhow :(

17. nnvt

nnvt Registered Member

dSorry guys for the late reaction, but CBAD Antimalware has been stopped.
    For more info check here

But here is the short version:

Hello everyone,

I got news and this news is as bad as it gets.
    As of this moment i will discontinue CBAD Cloud.
    Being attacked every single day, losing my data even on a secondary server and losing my backups, is to much for me.
    Tonight i was attacked again and lost everything, while i was actually bringing the CLOUD online.
    Yes literally 1 hour before i would officially go online with the final version, everything went **possibly offensive word removed**.

So CBAD Cloud has been stopped.
    It pains me to see how such a promising project gets destroyed by external factors.
    That said i will in the next few days work on a CBAD Anti Malware (Without cloud) and i will probably also rename it to a different name.
    How what and where i cannot say right now as i am really **possibly offensive word remove**, but FMA Intel-Secure will continue.
    In regards to PR-Guard everything is fine and the program is almost finished as final version.
    System hardening shield will be halted for the time being in favor of a antimalware and pr-guard.
    I will keep you guys updated and i will see what i can salvage, but take my word for it i lost alot.
    http://i.imgur.com/A68PWr3.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  18. Brandonn2010

Glad to see it won't be discontinued altogether, but couldn't you find some way or someone to help you stop your cloud from being attacked/hacked? I feel the program wouldn't be quite as good without cloud features.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  19. nnvt

nnvt Registered Member

Hello Brandonn,

The truth to the matter is the did not hack my website directly, they used a weakness in the hosts network and attacked the whole cluster from the inside. Needless to say in terms of security we know what we are doing and have enough help to make most hackers and script kiddies cry.
    This was something else...

In regards to the anti-malware product the cloud might be death, yet the local version is just as potent. On top of that in the near future we will not only have our cloud back up and running, but we will have a multi engine scanner that has full cloud support. Yet its LOTS of work.
    But don't worry our program did kick-ass last time, it will do much better next time.

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.