FLV Player

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

2. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

You could try VLC or Mediaplayer Classic.

They both handle FLV.

Or just get the codecs so they work in anything..

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

mrkvonic, I'm using flv player for a while and it's quite good. VLC player can't handel very well those flv files...at least some have no sound. :D

4. dog

dog Guest

Any file you DL with videodownloader ... just change the extension to avi and they'll play in your player of choice. :cool:

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Btw, a bit off topic but did anyone of you notice that Media Player Classic can´t play all flv files, while FLV PLayer can?

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes, but i only tried playing a FLV file once. i think MPC had trouble with the size cause it causes the computer to be unresposive (except for the mouse which i could still move).

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Aigle, perhaps you (and others) can test this issue a bit more, I wonder if it´s only my system or what, since not many people are responding. :rolleyes:

The problem is that eventhough FLV Player can play all FLV files, it can not rewind/FF many files, so that´s why I switched to Media Player Classic. But MPC will simply refuse to play certain FLV´s, I did notice that whenever this is the case, the "ffdshow video decoder" trayicon won´t show up in the tray, so it might has something to do with this.

I will upgrade to the new version, hopefully the issue will be fixed because it´s getting on my nerves. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.