"Flushing system buffer. Please wait." Forever?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Luke Bioware, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke Bioware

Luke Bioware Registered Member

I simply made my drive for data bigger and needed room before it. So I moved it and approximately 55 of the 56 GB data has already moved. I increased the size of the partition from 100 to 400 GB.

Is it normal this is taking so long and the computer doesn't respond to ESC or CTRL and that key? It's been like this for almost an hour now.

2. Luke Bioware

I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit and I have the right version for that. Halp. Plx.

3. Zageron

Zageron Registered Member

Are you doing it from a boot time, recovery disk, or within windows?

4. Luke Bioware

The computer restarted. I am in some sort of DOS-type screen.

5. Zageron

Well the system buffer is just a cache of sorts. If it said it completed the transfer, and now it's just flushing the cache. I'd think it would be done.
    However you can never be sure. (This is why backups before messing with anything, no matter how simple, is a really good idea)

I would suggest waiting another hour or so, if nothing happens then just turn the computer off and hope for the best. If your hard drive doesn't boot or isn't recoverable I would suggest putting the drive in another computer and recovering your files before you try to fix it.

6. Luke Bioware

Hm. Yeah. If it did 55 GB in less than an hour it should've been done about now, but I'm not sure. I think I hear the HDD working. After all this time though, I'm not sure anymore. That thing makes lots of noises.

7. Zageron

Well if you've been waiting for a long time already I can vouch that it's probably not going to do anything. I had a similar issue of my computer enjoying a nice lockup during anything I tried, and no matter how long I waited it didn't do anything.

8. Luke Bioware

I sure hope my C isn't affected, because I was planning to backup my 100 GB of Steam-games on that extra 300 GB. Lol.

9. Luke Bioware

Lol. It didn't respond to anything, not even the buttons on the pc itself. I simply faked a black-out, Windows rebooted and now I only have 340 GB of unallocated space (300 for data, 40 was for Ubuntu). So far I seem lucky. Right?

Now I'll just copy my data to C, make D larger with that program within Windows itself and do the same for the Ubuntu-one. I thought this program would save me some time instead of that procedure. Teehee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.