Flock, RIP?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vasa1, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Good riddance I say! It was rubbish anyway. All it did was crash when I first had a look at it (Gecko engine) & I wasn't over impressed with the WebKit version. Oddly, I found a Flock plug-ins folder on my laptop C-drive yesterday. I don't know why it hadn't deleted when I uninstalled it.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

There just was no need for it. Hell, if I had accounts with them, I can basically log into Facebook and Twitter from just about any website I go to anymore. Of course there were the security implications as well, but screw that if I can take part in the "cool crowd", right? :rolleyes: The only Flock there should be is Flock of Seagulls.

4. Daveski17

You're not flocking wrong ... :D ;)

5. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

:thumb: Never got the idea behind this one...

6. Daveski17

Not only that, but it (Gecko engined Flock) was inherently unstable on my laptop. SeaMonkey, Firefox & K-Meleon have all worked fine.

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I wouldn't mind if RockMelt discontinues either.

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

If Flock couldn't spread it wings and fly, Rock won't get past being a pebble. Silly as it may sound when discussing the crazed social crowd, I doubt too many of them want social integration to go as far as these two browsers have. It's one thing to be able to "Like" a page just by clicking on an embedded button, or signing in from another website. It's quite another to have your contacts taking up one side of your browser and the other social features taking up half of the rest. Surely even the hardcores want to see as much screen space as they can. After all, that itself is a new craze, less browser more webpage.

9. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Never liked it...

10. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

11. Daveski17

"Raise a bunch of capital in order to hire old people for pennies on the dollar. Use this vast, untapped resource in order to 'develop' a browser that consists of an amalgamation of buzzwords (and other useless garbage) and code stolen from pre-existing projects. Shortly after the product comes out of 'stealth-mode', appear at many different conventions in order to hype it even further and then wait for a fool with a hundred million dollars to buy us out."

LOL! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.