Flash doesn´t update automatically anymore

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Robin A., Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

In this computer (Windows 7 x64), Flash 11.2.x isn´t updating automatically anymore after version 11.2.202.160. I had to install 203 version manually. This happens with both Firefox beta and IE9.

The Adobe Flash Player Update Service is always "stopped". If I start it, it goes back to stopped after a few seconds.

Any idea why this is happening?

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

In the Control Panel click the Flash Player icon and see if automatic updating is turned on (Advanced tab). Other than that, I wouldn't know.

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Did you originally install a beta flash plug-in? If you did I believe that the beta version has to be completely uninstalled before a stable release can be installed. In other words I don't think that you can just install the stable 'over' the beta. Just a thought.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Automatic updating is enabled in the global configuration.

Actually, all these are 11.2.x beta versions. I changed to beta in October 2011, and since then and until version 11.2.202.160, Flash updated automatically. The latest version, which I updated manually, is 11.2.202.183 beta 4, released on Januay 20 2012.

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Only beta 3 was designed to auto update. At the beginning of the beta it was said that the beta will not auto update, beta 3 was simply a test.

It will probably release soon anyway so it doesn't really matter. The service is probably designed to stop itself after certain conditions are met so it's not always running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.