First Look

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Sjoeii, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNKid

MNKid Registered Member

Isn't competition a beautiful thing! It spurs innovation. I've yet to ever try KIS, though I hear the AV is quite good.

Anyway, keep up the great work, ESET! You have a real winner here.

MNKid

2. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i will have to admit that i had no issue with this beta......however i will make a few observations:

1.I found that sites loaded slowly with this beta as compared to avast or nod32 ....

2.I found the option menu quite confusing.....i had to spend atleast 5-10 mins before i could,even,find the option to disable "splash-screen" to show at start-up...

I hope eset makes the option-menu(advanced) more simple like v2.7

3. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

I'm currently testing KIS, having tried ESS for a few days and KIV seems to slow the PC more than ESS particularly in M.S. Outlook.
    Back to ESS later, I think - it seems much quicker.

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

That is really strange as that is exactly the opposite to my experiences...with ESS taking some 2 minutes to load a web page in IE whilst with KIS it is almost instantaneous. Having said that it is what I would expect as KIS has been out and stable for a goodly long time whilst this is the 1st beta of ESS...which I am sure will improve as time goes by.:cool:

5. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

Maybe I've been lucky but ESS installed like a dream on my XP system.
    Works happily with Prevx1 and BO Clean. Overall memory usage around 30K but no CPU usage apart from when scanning. I love the new interface. Passed Shields Up.
    Seems pretty polished for a 1st Beta to me - certainly compared to Online Armor - a fairly advanced Beta which still gives me blue screens/ random freezes etc.
    Now I'm gonna play with FD-ISR and see if I can break it...!

6. roaringhere

roaringhere Registered Member

I second that, like the one in Jetico Firewall, you can see an animation of an arrow, one is going up and one is going down. Also, I don't think it is scanning my incoming mail from G-mail using Forte Agent 3.0 E-mail program, which is in port 995.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.