First Look: Windows Vista RC2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Article

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am running it and it seems pretty good.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A Challenge for Exterminators
    Article

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

While I will load it sometime down the road (maybe a month or two after it is released), for now I'm going to block the planned (forced) Windows Update IE7 download (MS created a script to prevent the auto download. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F7-5D44-482B-9DBD-869B4A90159C&displaylang=en )

I keep reading of "issues" and they are something I don't have time for... :(

**EDIT**

Brain f**t alert!!!! I read IE 7 RC2, not Vista RC2. Sorry for any confusion... :eek:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have been useing IE7 since it came out and have not had one issue with it. I like it a lot better IE6.

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, HAN

I hope you have more luck than me, I installed [loaded] both x32 ad x64 RC2's but neither will run on my system, [Asus A8N-E] they both go into autorestart then on reboot I have blank black sceen :mad: o_O .

So for me I will stay with W2K, WinXP x32 and x64 OS's.

And also the best of the lot, My FREE LINUX x64 OS, and LiveCD's.

So for me its Astalavista Vista. o_O

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

My experience with RC1 was worse. Build 5600 kept on showing a strange error on first boot, and I confirmed it was not the VM software's fault.

As for build 5728, it gave me a stack fault in kernel error and would not load despite many repeated attempts at it.

I've since wiped the Vista ISO image files and the VM software programs off my system. I'm so fed up by it. I tested both builds in MS virtual pc AND VMWare, but failed as stated above. I don't know whether the iso image files were corrupted or not, the 2 builds which I unsuccessfully tested, their iso image files did NOT reach 100% in download, even though I downloaded over and over again to make sure it reach 100% it did not. If I remember correctly I downloaded the RC1 builds using firefox as IE is simply too slow for me.

So well, maybe no more beta testing games for me.
    BUT I'm still willing to give RC2 a shot...

And on the other hand, do beta and RC releases of Vista require the SAME system requirements stated by Microsoft? My computer is using onboard graphics, 256mb of RAM. Must I meet these requirements( Vista's req. specs) for running RC releases of Vista? :doubt::doubt:

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi,

Then I thought, why not try it on my old system Abit NF7-S2 which is [was] stood doing nothing.

And I am pleased to say it installed [x32] without any problems as is working fine, just sbus and audio drivers need.

Still wished it worked on my Asus system.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. Durad

Durad Registered Member

No more Outlook Express?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.