Firmware for LG DVD drive

Discussion in 'hardware' started by MikeBCda, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

If anyone besides me has an LD drive model GSA-H55N, the firmware for that is now (and probably has been for quite a while) up to ver. 1.05, available from their support site here. Like most of LG's drives, the firmware for this one is flash-upgradable (no charge, even if long out of warranty).

I'd been having problems with the drive (lately having much trouble recognizing and identifying video DVD's), and my shop's first recommendation was to check for a firmware update. So I successfully went from 1.01 to 1.05, although that didn't clear up the problem.

Oh, and don't bother with the "owner's manual" PDF download also available there -- I'd hoped for trouble-shooting suggestions, but it turned out to be nothing more than installation instructions.

2. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

I have the same LG drive and experienced the same problems. As far as I can recall it had the 1.05 firmware, and like you checked for a newer one. About a month ago I pulled it and put a Lite-On drive in the PC. Reads every DVD I put in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.