Firewall with HIPS?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bellgamin, May 30, 2018.

1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Other than Comodo & Private FW, are there any firewalls out there that have HIPS?

2. guest

guest Guest

Spyshelter Firewall

3. itman

itman Registered Member

Eset Internet Security has a firewall w/IDS protection, web filtering, secure banking mode, and a HIPS. The HIPS is not the most user friendly one. It lacks many of the options folks became accustomed to in the stand-alone HIPS solutions of old such a trusted publishers and installer mode, etc..

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Outpost but unsupported

5. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Yes...it's great soft with FW module and a lot of functions connected with system/apps controll.

6. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Zone Alarm, it looks basic, it has virtually no settings, but it works surprisingly good.

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I really doubt that the HIPS in ZA is as good as the one from SpyShelter.

8. bellgamin

I trialed Spyshelter. It is excellent but 1 year costs $45! I can afford that, but I will not pay such an inflated price. (sigh)

9. Poppey

Poppey Registered Member

Spyshelter has sometimes special offers but not very often. I bought a SpyShelter Firewall Liftetime License for 40 Euro 1,5 years ago.

10. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Registered Member

Is that lifetime license transferable from one PC to another? I read somewhere that lifetime license is not transferable but the lifetime license in question was bought from Stacksocial. I wonder if the lifetime license bought from Spyshelter themselves is transferable.

11. guest

guest Guest

Spyshelter and transferring of a license:

12. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Registered Member

Thanks mood!

13. wergara258

wergara258 Registered Member

I bought spyshelter lifetime user license and they wouldn't transfer it to my other PC and stopped replying to requests.

14. Rasheed187

I forgot about the price, I agree it's way too high for an anti-logger. A price of 15 to 20 euro/dollars a year would be more realistic.

I really don't know what's up with the developers, they are often not very keen on user requests and feedback, they are very defensive and not always so userfriendly.

15. guest

guest Guest

SpS became a burden for them.

16. Rasheed187

What do you mean? They still develop it, but it seems only to be about bug fixes, no major new features. Are you saying that they perhaps also have other jobs, then they should say so. But now their attitude seems a bit weird. I remember that former member Lockdown gave them great feedback on how to improve file/folder protection against process hollowing, but they shrugged it off like it wasn't a big deal.

17. guest

guest Guest

so based on your accurate observations, what are the possible outcomes? ;)

18. Rasheed187

I see what you're saying, they are not planning to put much time into new features, that's also clear to me by now. It's still a good tool, don't get me wrong, but I'm frustrated because it could have been the ultimate HIPS.

19. bellgamin

Perhaps Spyshelter's people are losing interest because it isn't making them wealthy. If it weren't for these forums, I would never have heard about Spyshelter. I've never seen an advertisment for their program. Also, if it isn't selling well, maybe that is partly because of its name The name sounds like it is no more than a specialized program for preventing spyware whereas it is a multi-faceted security program. If any of this IS the case, it would be great if they were bought by one of the big outfits such as Avast.

20. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I would like for Eset to acquire them as long as they don't water down the HIPS for usability. :thumb:

21. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Eset already has HIPS. What features exactly from Spyshelter would you like for them to have in their antivirus?

22. bellgamin

Ah, I did not know that. Is it stand-alone, or a component of their AV, or a component of firewall, or.... what?

23. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

It's part of their AV. So even if you use their NOD32 product you will get HIPS but no firewall.

24. bellgamin

Thanks for the info! I would MUCH prefer a HIPS married to firewall so I am still on the hunt. Much as I detest the Comodo FW+HIPS's structure, I might end up with that as my only option.

25. Rasheed187

Yes, I also hope that some company that is willing to make improvements will buy them. Current developers are not interested to make it more robust and user friendly.

Let us know how Comodo works out, I always had problems with it, but perhaps it has been improved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.