Firewall somehow interfering with the game Tera

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SkebbZ, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkebbZ

SkebbZ Registered Member

Hello there

The new MMORPG Tera recently launched, and I am having some problems with the firewall in smart security. With the firewall enabled, the game starts up but crashes when it tries to retrieve the serverlist and connect to the server.

I have added all .exe files to the firewall exception list, and running in interactive mode. Have also tried automatic with exceptions, and even learning mode. The game crashes anyway.

Strangely, when I disable the firewall completely the game starts up fine. After the initial connection, I can enable the firewall again with no further problems.

This problem started after a recent patch to the game, before that it was working fine in interactive mode.

Yes, I clicked allow on the "file has changed" prompt after the patch.

Any tips on how to deal with this? Getting very annoying to have to "disable firewall for 10 minutes" every time I start up the game.

EDIT: Got an idea after writing this post, deleted all entries in the firewall rules related to the game and enabled learning mode. It now works. Rather strange, but oh well. And yes, I had all of the programs set to allow both TCP and UDP in and out.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Remember to return your protection mode to "Automatic mode with exceptions" since the Firewall atm is going to allow any and all connections and data transfer requests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.