Firewall rules

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jbcbussoft, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbcbussoft

jbcbussoft Registered Member

We are running a program called "Sage 100 Fund Accounting". We have 4 computers on the workgroup. This is the only box running ESET. the version is Smart Security 5.2.9.1. I was getting an error on one of the workstations and after calling support discovered a change needed to be made in the ESET firewall. The instructions they had were for the Windows Firewall. I am to allow "Remote Service Management". What is the equivalent change I should make in Smart Security?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you try the following?
    http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23075/~/error%3A-%22could-not-connect.-the-act!-application-is-not-running%22

3. jbcbussoft

jbcbussoft Registered Member

No I am not being able to connect to sql that is on the ESET pc. This looks promising:
    "Click Personal Firewall and select IDS and Advanced Options. In the Allowed Services section, verify that all services are selected and click OK."

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

also try
    http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25128/~/how-to-add-act!-by-sage-and-the-act7-sql-server%E2%AE-instance-to-eset-smart

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The easiest way would be to switch to learning mode for a while until all necessary rules are created automatically. Should you still experinence connection issues, enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS setup which will give you more details about the rule blocking the connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.