firewall for grandparents?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by firzen771, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Grandpa:

You feel that CPF v3 with defense+ option disable is too much to deal with? and on the other hand, you think OA free is much easier to handle(with all hips functions)?

Confuse me here. Because my CPF without defense+ only alerts me when there is new network connection initiated by programs. and nothing else.

While with OA free , I need to answer pop ups from time to time, regardless.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Speaking as a grandmother of 4, I am using Online Armor and can recommend it.

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Specially the so called designer expensive vitamins marketed by MLM claiming to be preventive panacea for all ills.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Okay. OP may have made a decision. One more off topic post and thread will be closed.

6. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

The thread starter said the grandparents do not have computer experience. The firewall component of online armor would be fine but the hips would confuse them. That is why i am confused as to why comodo minus defence+ would be harder then online armor?

7. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

I agree with Coolio, I have been using Comodo V3 for 2 or 3 weeks with Defence+ disabled, and it is probably the best Firewall I have ever used. I have never adjusted it from "training in safe mode" and it works flawlessly. There is virtually no nagging at all. Once you have allowed an application etc., you are good to go. It is always stealthed on Shields Up and I even ran the leak test, which it passed ( I don't concern myself with leaktests). It is a very effective and an easy to use Firewall which is very low on resources, if this concerns you.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Okay. OP stated he made a decision back in post 45, and this thread has now become, an I think.... based on personal preference.

Thread closed.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.