Firewall enabled after restart

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by chrisklinkenberg, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisklinkenberg

chrisklinkenberg Registered Member

Hi all,

I have disabled the firewall in NOD32 on the server. But after a reboot the firewall is up again. This is not good because it disables my DHCP server. So the clients cannot connect.

Is there another way to disable the firewall so it stays disabled after a reboot.

Thanks for any replyes

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In ESS v4, you can select which of the firewall features will be active.

3. chrisklinkenberg

I've disabled all. But after a restart the are all up again. I've a hardware firewall so i dont want this services to run because they are blocking some essential services on our network.

How is it possible that the firewall is up again after a restart?

4. Marcos

Note that I'm talking about v4. The firewall can be disabled as follows:

Attached Files:

• epfw.png
      epfw.png
      File size:
      13.7 KB
      Views:
  5. chrisklinkenberg

Ok, but i work with version 3.0.684.0 isnt it possible in this version? Or can i just update to that version?

greetings

6. Marcos

The firewall can be permanently disabled since v4. V4 is currently available as beta. For more information, see the ESS v4 beta forum.

7. chrisklinkenberg

Do you know if its free to update to version 4?

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Since you don't need the firewall in ESET Smart Security , simply install ESET NOD32 Antivirus on your server (it has Antivirus + Antispyware protections without antispam and firewall). This is what can be done for v3.

Another way is http://training.eset.com/kb/index.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=564 but I'd recommend the first one (simply ESET NOD32).

More information about the product differences can be found on the ESET website(s)

Re. your last question - you've got a license and it covers all product versions currently supported by the vendor . This means that you can use whatever version you need/prefer including v2 , v3 or v4 . But note , v4 is so far BETA (test code , unfinished version).

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Couldn't you just stop the service, by either having a batch file using the net stop command or from within services.msc?

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.