Firewall Comparison sites?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AnthonyG, Jan 3, 2022.

1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I was wondering if similar to how AV-comparatives compare each of the Antivirus to see how each of them perform. If anywhere does the same for Firewalls? Does something like this exist? I am surprised if it does not

On Googling all I am getting is lists that seem to be created by Firewall creators themselves trying to pretend theirs is best as opposed to a genuine independent testing comparisons like AV-comparatives.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I don't believe anyone is testing firewalls anymore. You used to have so called leaktests, these are all simulator apps trying to bypass firewalls. I'm guessing tools like WFC and TinyWall won't be able to block them. In fact, most firewalls without HIPS will fail.

http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/securitytests/all_tests.html

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

There is nothing to compare, firewall either works or not, do not confuse it with HIPS, that is what ended firewall era. And on top of it, there are like 3-4 real firewalls out there, the rest is just allow/block. Besides experts say that a firewall will not protect you, because malware can easily inject other processes. True, but it does not have too, because virtually no one is using them, so virus.exe from temp folder can simply download a payload without any advanced techniques.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.